Monday, December 17, 2007

dating..?

SO I had the awkward conversation the other day. The one where I gently slip in the fact that I have herpes to someone new in my life and play it off like it's no big thing. It went well, he acted like it was nothing. In reality I know he was telling himself " well there goes a potential fuck buddy". It's a little dissappointing realizing that's all you might be to some people but if we keep on talking like we are I might make a friend out of this situation.
There is one "friend" I've talked to off and on for about two or three years now, since before I contracted the virus, that I'm worried about telling. Mostly because I think he has potential but I don't think he will take it well. I know some people might say if he's really a friend he should handle it fine or, if he doesn't take it well you don't want to have him in your life anyway. Yeah that is all true, but it still hurts to want someone just like you for once instead instantly shutdown all possibilities of a relationship.
I honestly can't guess what his reaction will be. He's fun to hang out with the few times we have and we seem to have enough in common. This is the first time something like this has happened so far. I don't like it becasue I talk to him and ask myself "is this the right time to say something?" then I decided to do it when we are face to face. Hoping that will make him take it better cause then he can't just run away and stop talking to me altogether. Maybe if he sees I'm the same person and I'm not a monster trying to trick him maybe then he'll be more understanding and open. Just haven't had the opportunity come up in a couple weeks. heres to whats to come.

No comments: