Saturday, November 10, 2007

A little background

I don't consider myself a slut, whore, loose, or any other label put upon a woman that expresses a healthy sexual appetite. I will tell you honestly, I've had 13 partners. It was the 12th that I had dated for six months that transmitted HSV to me. He, to this day, denies it. I will admit in my opinion, yes, that is a lot for someone only sexually active for five years. I will say this on my behalf, I never once had a one-night-stand. Yes, I regret some of my partners, hell, most of them. Although, I considered each one friends at the time. No, I never considered myself in love with anyone. In a perfect I would wish to still be a virgin til I did find that love. This isn't a perfect world. It does still spin. I see this as a golden chance to be absolutely sure that when I do fall in love it will be with someone who loves me wholly as I am. I am also realistic in knowing there is a chance that I may never find that person. I won't be alone, I have to many wonderful friends that have stuck around too long.

I don't claim to know how to live life after being exposed, this isn't going to be a guide or manual, just my life living- dating, meeting people, retaining friends, dealing with family, a job, life in general- with herpes.

No comments: